Q. Why does our business model work best?
A. We have managed the business for 16 years and the following characteristics make our model superior to all others in our market:
- Responding to customer’s and prospective customer’s calls immediately upon hearing from them
- Allowing them to schedule an appointment online or over the phone and always showing up on time
- State-of-the-art enabling technology available to you and your customer via the PC, PDA or mobile phone
- Focusing on smaller territories, with targeted segmentation at the neighborhood level thereby enabling top of the mind visibility and the opportunity to capture a larger percentage of household spend and is the basis for the tag line “In Your Neighborhood”
- Proven model that leverages your business management and sales skills supported by our team to deliver the highest quality service to you and to the customer. This enables you to take on larger revenue jobs with little to no risk and attain the highest ROI in the least amount of time
- Positioning as the highest quality solution at fixed prices that are never the cheapest or the most expensive – reinforced by presentation of professional competence where the homeowner relates to the company in their own image and in their own language
- Adherence to 100% satisfaction standards that results in 100% referencibility
Q. Do I need a construction background or have to work with my hands in order to be approved for a franchise?
A. Not to start. We teach all our owners to work ON the business, not IN the business. However, to begin offering remodeling services in the beginning you must have some experience in the trades. If you don’t then you start out offering handyman projects and as you gain more experience you move into remodeling services. You focus on management, marketing, and networking while your employees (handymen) and eventually expert re-modelers (your subs or ours) are responsible for delivering the outcomes that you sell. We teach you the project management skills supported by our operating model to drive success in quality and profitability. However, in either case, your franchise gives you access to BOTH models.
Q. How much does it cost to open a Handy@Home® – The Remodel Place® franchise?
A. The total investment necessary (based on territory size) to begin operation of a Handy@Home® Franchised Business is $63,000 – $67,000 for group A, and $77,000 – $81,000 for group B. The total investment necessary to begin operation of a Handy@Home® Area Development arrangement is $178,000 to 202,000. Note the FDD for more information.
Q. Can I run my Handy@Home® – The Remodel Place® business out of my home and does it have to be full-time?
A. YES/NO. It’s the franchises choice to start their business out of their home and then move into a small office space later if so desired. Keep in mind, you deliver your service at the customer’s home, not your office. Regarding full-time or part-time we require that you meet a certain annual revenue threshold ($350,000) after the first year in operation. Whether you accomplish this full-time or part-time is at your discretion.
Q. I have aggressive goals for my business. What about territory expansion or other opportunities?
A. We understand the goals and ambitions of franchise buyers and encourage expansion. However, we do not offer “first rights of refusal” on additional franchise territories.
Q. Do I need a license in my state?
A. Each state has its own rules and regulations when it comes to construction licensing. Some of the more strict licensing states when it comes to construction are Florida, California, Nevada, Maryland, Georgia, Utah, Arizona and New Jersey. We will assist you in the investigation process.
Q. What insurance am I required to carry
A. At a minimum you are required to carry General Liability and Cessation of Business with Home Place Vision named as Additional Insured. Beyond that is at your discretion.